Indelible Memories

What beautiful days! After the Onam program in college, I went to my mom's house to spend the Onam vacation. It was a memorable time for me. I spent a week there during the 10 days of Onam vacation. There too, we held Onam programs. We made Onam sadhya and pookalam. We played a variety of games like vadamvali and more.

After two days, we left for Ooty to continue the Onam vacation. I went to Ooty by bus with my family, where we saw beautiful sights. Traveling with family will always be cherished in our hearts. The journey through the hills was very thrilling. Traveling through the fog can be very refreshing. The bus ride was enjoyable, and I had the seat next to the window, allowing me to enjoy the view. After a few hours of bus travel, we reached our destination. There, we visited many zoos and botanical gardens. At the zoo, we got to see and learn about various animals and different types of plants. We also indulged in a variety of sweet and spicy delicacies. After a two-day trip to Ooty, I returned home. We took a day of rest and resumed our vacation.

The next day, we visited an illam near my mom's house in Poonthanam. We spent some time there, took some photos and videos. Afterward, we stopped at a shop on the way and had tea and pazhampori. Before reaching my house, we saw peacocks and took some pictures. That evening, we went to the city for shopping and sightseeing. In the city, we enjoyed a variety of chicken dishes and rice at a restaurant. I bought some new dresses, shoes, and a small bag. After sightseeing and shopping, we headed straight back home. The next day, I returned to my own house from my mom's house.

For the remaining five days of the Onam vacation, I stayed at my own home without going anywhere.

This is how I spent my Onam vacation. Though it was just for a few days, it was one of those times that I will always have fond memories of. Those days will forever live in my memories as some of the most beautiful days.

Amna T

I BA English Language and Literature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Excitement Unfolds: Ongoing Cricket World Cup 2023

Rahman Rhythms: Exploring the Musical Universe of AR Rahman

The End of College Days