Expectation v/s Reality

 Maybe this title hits you. Actually, we are familiar with the term "expectation vs. reality." We usually see it in reels and all. Expectations are our wishes or plans for what we want to happen in our lives. So this is to share how my expectations became reality. You may feel it is yourself.For instance, every year, most of us make new year's resolutions. Just think about it. How many of you are still following your new year's resolution? Maybe we follow it only for a few days and then give up. In my case, I am like that. I make a new year's resolution and then follow it for a maximum of one month. Then give up by saying it doesn't work or I don't get any results, so why should I follow it? Whatever it is, we should follow that for some time. Only then do we get the benefit. But before that, we give up; we don't have enough patience to wait until then. I don't even remember what my new year's resolution was!Not only this, but in every new academic year, I think I must study the lessons the day they are taught. It also doesn't work. Then, during exam time, I try to complete the whole syllabus in a rush. In the third semester, we are asked to read the books that we selected for the project. But it is yet to be completed. When I got the vacation, I thought I had two months in front of me. I don't know how it went. The major problem is laziness. If we are able to overcome that, we win. Humans are always intended to do something when it is going to end. Until then, we don't realise its value. Especially time. So expectations and reality are two ends of the same coin. We can go from expectations to reality by working for it.Expectations can be expressed in other ways, like expecting others to support and work for us. Understand that no one is constant in our lives. No one will always push you to do something. If you have anything, you have to come forward. Overly high expectations like these will ruin your life. So live your happy life without overly high expectations.

Blog by Rameesa Jahan. V

V Semester B. A. Functional English

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Excitement Unfolds: Ongoing Cricket World Cup 2023

Rahman Rhythms: Exploring the Musical Universe of AR Rahman

The End of College Days