A Visit to Saudi Arabia

Ever since I can remember, I have wanted to go to the place where my father worked. My father has been working in Saudi Arabia for a very long time. So I had a wish to go to Saudi Arabia to experience flight travel, airports, and an international trip and also to see the place where my father was living.


 One night, my father called my mother and told her to apply for a passport for all of us. When my mother told me this news, I was totally surprised and shocked and jumped for joy. So, after getting all the papers right, we travelled to Saudi Arabia. It was an unforgettable day in my life because I had achieved something that I wanted so much.


 After reaching there, the sights I saw were unforgettable. It was so entirely different from our country. I went there when I was studying for my 7th standard. At that time, the women in Saudi Arabia wore fully covered abayas and only their eyes could be seen. I also have to wear an abaya when we are supposed to go outside. It was such a nice experience to live there. Then one day, we travelled to Mecca, the holiest city of Islam and the birthplace of the Prophet Muhammad. We spent 3 to 4 days there and did Umrah, an Islamic pilgrimage, and also visited Medina,which is also a major Islamic pilgrimage site. That pilgrimage was an unforgettable experience and a moment when I felt so close to God. I had my cousins with me to spend time there with lots of joy.


 Seeing the desert and the treeless land was such a different experience. We spent 2 to 3 months in Saudi Arabia, and we returned back to our country with so many memories. I wish I could do another trip like this to another country with unforgettable moments in life.

Blog by 

Rinshi Nasri

V Semester B.A Functional English


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Excitement Unfolds: Ongoing Cricket World Cup 2023

Rahman Rhythms: Exploring the Musical Universe of AR Rahman

The End of College Days