Self Love

Let me start with a question: Do you love your self?

Yes, I know, you love your boyfriend or girlfriend, of course your parents and pets. I repeat my question"do you love yourself!" Sometimes? May be never?

We all are too busy with our own works, many a time I have heard people say: "I'm very depressed, I'm lonely, why no one likes me, I can't do anything sincerely for me..." 

This kind of thoughts will kill you. Let me tell you a secret to change all this negative self talks. It is 'self-love'. First of all love yourself, take care of yourself, manage yourself. Every day, go to your room look at the mirror and say "I'm confident, I'm excellent, I feel good , I'm beautiful, I'm awesome, and I love you". Believe me such days will be awesome.

On this occasion I remember a story.The story of a little boy called 'Narcissus'. He is a good looking boy who lived in a forest. One day he fell into a river and died, that day all the trees and plants in the forest talked about him. That's when the birds saw a river crying, they asked the river "why are you crying like this? Don't cry, you have seen him more closely, therefore, you are the one who enjoyed his beauty the most in our forest". Then the river asked the birds "Was he handsome! What are you saying! He would come and sit on my banks every day to enjoy his beauty. Is it right? And more over, I was enjoying my beauty through his eyes"

I told this story to say that it is much important to cherish your being. Some say that self love is selfish. But no, self love is not selfish. Let me say one thing, you cannot truly love another until you know how to love yourself. Tell your self "I love you" so try to start a day like this. Trust me you will change for the better, everyone start to love you, what you hope will happen. You trust yourself first and love yourself 

Amaya. K. T.

I B. A. Functional English

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Excitement Unfolds: Ongoing Cricket World Cup 2023

Rahman Rhythms: Exploring the Musical Universe of AR Rahman

The End of College Days